GENDER AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS DIRECTORATE
- Ensures that the operations of the SLP are consistent with the spirit of the government policing charter which is based upon local needs policing.
- Develops good community relations and ensures professional work relations with the military forces and other security agencies as well as civil society groups and community members
- In charge of all state functions, organize and implement community policing schemes, police community relations and promote mutual understanding and trust between the police and the public
- Supervise the community relations department, media unit and the Police Board
- Organize Police Sports meetings with and outside the police institutions
- Ensures that the operations of the SLP are consistent with the spirit of the gender policy.
- Develops good relations and ensures professional work relations with other crime management units in the SLP