GENERAL STAFF OFFICER -PHQ
General Staff Officer
Helps the IGP with his day-to-day administrative work in order to reduce the load and pressure that the work will bear on him.
- Receives all mails addressed or copied to the IGP and sort them out by their importance and urgency for action.
- In situations where the IGP and DIG are not available, the Staff Officer directs the documents to the appropriate Director, Regional Police Commander or Head of Department for action.
- Writes speeches for the IGP for meetings, seminars, workshops, passing-out ceremony etc. and does behind-the-desk research in developing Concept Notes and Strategic Papers for the IGP.
- Works with the Director of Operations to prepare security briefing notes for the IGP for the every Friday security sector meeting at the Office of National Security.
- Serves as liaison between the IGP and the Directors, Regional Police Commanders and Heads of Departments and undertake any task assigned by the IGP, DIG or any Director.
- Serves as Secretary to the Executive Management Board of the Sierra Leone Police which meets every Wednesday.